South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru)

Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy (Non-Subaru)

Old 11-05-2013, 06:27 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Old School E36 M3.

Having recently upgraded the family motor, it was time to buy something purely for me again. Been looking at all sorts of cars and a wide budget, from E46 M3's. Boxster S, TVR, Elise, 335, Evo9 Mr. But Couldn't decide what I want, but driving the Astra was doing my nut in, and this old girl came up local for sale for sensible money.. Always liked the E36 in Estorial blue and hard to get a nice one now, and starting to increase in value now.

It's not a 100% minter, but pretty good for a 15 year old motor, and more importantly well kept. Will do the trick for the summer, and my jaunt to Le-man in June.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Silver Member

Looks tidy Rob
Old 11-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

looks good Rob. I had an E36 3.0 which was mint which i modified a bit.

Yours looks like its been lowered?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member

Very nice Rob and I do like that colour
Old 11-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member

Like that a lot, the old beemers never seem to age or look out dated.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
looks good Rob. I had an E36 3.0 which was mint which i modified a bit.

Yours looks like its been lowered?
Thanks - I know its not a scoob but I like..

Its got Eibach's and sitting lower at the back in pictures as on hill on handbreak. But it does sit lower than stock, its had reverse top mount mod, and pretty much every suspension bush and shock replaced along with gearbox mounts and prop donut, so feels very tight for a convertible. The hardtop helps to stiffen it all up even more, but really does stick to the road like glue.

I really wanted and E46 M3 Convertible, but trying to find a good for fair money is nightmare. They are too mainstream now and allot of rubbish about, and have allot of issues with them now carrying some very large bills, like rear chassis fix 3K, SMG pump £2K+, disk and pads £1K, and the Vanos units even on the E46 are going now circa 3K, and most of the ones I've seen were ragged, tatty dogs for strong money.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Gold Member

Nice 36 Rob. Shouldn't lose any value and may actually make some!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Gold Member

good chioce, my mates got one with millions of miles on it, and its still goes very well, and still in good condition,dont think you can go far wrong with one of these..
Old 12-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quite liked the look of it from the front, then realised it was the WAGS version
So when are you booked in for the spray tan
Old 12-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Quite liked the look of it from the front, then realised it was the WAGS version
So when are you booked in for the spray tan
Had to be you didn't in Scott lol. Now't wrong with being in touch with your feminate side, especially when you have a 3 hormonal young girls, Female dog and Wife to deal with.

I was born in London, Perhaps I'm a closset Essex Boy.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Gold Member

Very nice Rob. Reminds me of my one before the scoob. M3 with lots of Harmann goodies, sadly used it less than I do the scoob, would sit in the garage for weeks at a time.

Old 13-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

Looks a tidy motor mate, I don't wanna be 'that guy' but if you weren't aware, those alloys aren't genuine M3 alloys, the rears aren't wide enough and they shouldn't have motorsport written on them (if whoever you bought it off said they were genuine phone him up and ask for some money back) or else
Old 14-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB270Adam View Post
Looks a tidy motor mate, I don't wanna be 'that guy' but if you weren't aware, those alloys aren't genuine M3 alloys, the rears aren't wide enough and they shouldn't have motorsport written on them (if whoever you bought it off said they were genuine phone him up and ask for some money back) or else
I was thinking the same, either that or it has 4 front wheels on it! Nice looking car though, still think you should have bought mine though
Old 14-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB270Adam View Post
Spotted that soon after I got it, and was a little dissapointed myself TBH. It does have wider rears running 245 at rear and 225 at front, but it doesn't have the original deep dish on the rears.

Its not a purist example TBH, its got Halo, Neon light setup which is nice (Bit Essex boy again) but not original. And has has a mental Oxford Audi pro install sound system that would fill a small hall. It's been bought for what hopefully will be some cheap summer fun and in particular my weekend away at Le-man, and may move it on after the summer or just mothball till next year. I'll probably end up in a Mitsi Evo, or E46 M3 smg Coupe after the summer.