South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > 555 Wagon Squadron > 555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51

555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51 Enter at your own risk!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Silver Member

Looking good, good to see your carrying on with it
Old 05-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Nice one Jura, hope the rest of the build is trouble free for you
Old 06-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member

Looking good jura cant wait to see the finish product not long now bet you cant wait .
Old 06-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Silver Member

looking good buddy!!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Silver Member

Thanks guys for kind comments.

Jura
Old 08-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Silver Member

Little update:

We are been today at Neil@Slowboy Racing and Neil show us,why he is not happy with this rotated kit

On pics looking good,but when he show us,where is the problem,main problem is clearance between the inlet manifold and turbo housing,which Neil slightly grind plus this kit sitting too high and as above Clive said and really not sure if we will close bonnet with this kit

Second bit of concern is the turbo will touch the fuel rails,really again we will need source new kit

Here are pics showed those concern(sorry for those poor pics)

Again we are not happy with this,we are asked seller for full refund,really we are don't want use this kit and really we are very disappointed

Jura
Old 08-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

That certainly does not look right!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 08-04-2013, 06:10 PM

Yeah, i wouldn't be happy with that either, doesn't look right at all

Hope the seller sorts a refund quickly for you.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Bronze Member

Saw this in the flesh today and it doesn't look a very professionally manufactured piece of kit. The headers are fine but the up-pipe is a bit of a cut and shut. Sorry that you've got this set back. Hope you get your money, who did you get it from?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member

I take it the kit isn't rcm/lateral one?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
I take it the kit isn't rcm/lateral one?
Most certainly not Marks or Matts
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 AM
Silver Member

Hi guys thanks

Not sure on the this kit,really I know only is has been made for Simon@JGM,we are spoke today with Neil in good lengths about the altering this kit,but really looking like we will sell this kit,simply is not worth for us to do some modifications

Seller will not refund us,because this kit will fit and has been proven/fitted on the car etc.,simply he don't want refund us.

We are disappointed with this and really we are properly gutted with this

This kit supposedly is from Simon@JGM car (his new age),but think this kit has been altered in some pint,just when I'm looking at those pics

Jura
Old 10-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Silver Member

Just noticed your wagon in the back of my japanse performance mags did you have a full wright up late 2012?
Old 16-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Silver Member

Time to update thread I think

Where to start guys,must say thank you to the John@johnnybon,he borrowed us his Hayward&Scott,which we are sold him while ago and he borrowed us last bit Turbosmart 48mm Wastegate yesterday.Plan is to have made H&S rotated kit and use this kit later on

What I can say,engine is in the engine bay,last bit has been fitted today(new radiator),few bits need to be done,but those jobs are just minimal and should be now much easier and we are nearly there.

Neil will make Run-In map(hopefully tomorrow),our plan and as Neil said we will be making around 500-600 miles Run-In and we are booked our wagon on the mapping session with Paul@Zen performance on 30th(end of the month)

Project as usual in our case has been with lots of ups and downs,we are want to enjoy our wagon longest as we can,my brother has sent papers to school and he will start his pilot course sometimes in the September.I will update on this later on,but not looking like my brother Latso thinking to stay here a

Hopefully wagon will be at home next week and we will make few pictures and few videos

And again thanks guys for support,really thanks :thumb:

Jura
Old 18-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Regular User

Hi Jura will be interested to see your dyno results, any reason for not using Duncan for mapping on this build?
Old 18-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler View Post
Hi Jura will be interested to see your dyno results, any reason for not using Duncan for mapping on this build?
Hi there

Thanks,about the dyno results,not sure,but hopefully we will make 600bhp and everything above will be just bonus for us

There is no reason,why we are not using Duncan,just we are want to try different mapper and we are want to compare.

Jura
Old 28-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

Quick update:

Thanks guys,but seems we are have few problems

Neil has finished the car(is 100% ready/finished),but seems he have problem with the ECU(there is no power from/to ECU),he tried OE ECU and car has have power,this means probably our Syvecs is faulty or jumper will needs to be soldered to the back of the ECU,will speak with Charlie or Ryan soon about this,hopefully Neil will try resolder this tomorrow if not Charlie or Ryan will swap ECU for us

I will keep thread updated:thumb:

Jura
Old 11-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Silver Member

Latest news and updates:

Yesterday I've been at Neil's garage and Duncan has come to put Run-in map finally on our wagon,Duncan has been previously at Neil's garage,but there has been few issues and he hasn't unable to map on previous visit(think there has been Classic crank pulley and couldn't get cams and crank to Sync )

Neil replaced Classic crank pulley for New age Crank pulley and after that still we are few issues(no spark),after that Duncan tried again and still no spark..

At this stage I've been not very happy,but Duncan rectified the issues and car started

There are few issues with battery,which has been new,but looking like is dead and we will need to use normal battery and not those small race batteries,if yes we will need to use trickle charger

Second bit,our Oil pressure sensor seems is not working and will be replaced when we are visit Tim and he will make sure its working

I've spoke with Neil and he said,we should have wagon this week,if everything will be OK,just few bits needs to be sorted

I've made few clips,which I will upload later on

Jura
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

Been a long time coming Jura, nearly there now. You started this in October didn't you?
Old 11-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Been a long time coming Jura, nearly there now. You started this in October didn't you?
Thanks Tim

Very long time,we didn't expect we will have such long build,but as you know we are have with heads etc and mainly at the with the rotated kits

Jura
Old 21-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Silver Member

Few updates:

OK guys,wagon is ready for collection on today after few problems with previous map

Where to start,Duncan mapped our wagon on Monday,but Neil hasn't been happy with the map,just due bad idle,car stalled several times and Neil don't want to run car with this map.And my brother hasn't been happy with this at all

On Tuesday Simon@JGM has come to map our wagon,what I can say,just thanks to Neil and Simon for this,Neil stayed with Simon until 8pm onwards and they mapped our wagon as Simon/Neil said per email,there is few issues which should be sorted easily,when car will be on road or when wagon will be mapped on full power.I would like to say thanks Simon and Neil for this

Plus we have few problems with sourcing again Rotated kit,just due we running borrowed rotated kit from John and I've tried to source new kit or used one for time being,simply we want only to enjoy the car.

But Yesterday we spoke with John and we are bough our kit back,really pleased for this and really happy how it went all

It has been mayhem/manic in many cases for me and for my brother,I've got minor heart attack on the last Friday and really this has been simply too much for me and for my brother

Just minor issue is now,we waiting on the Insurance papers when they come,hopefully they will come tomorrow and we can collect our wagon tomorrow.

But hopefully tomorrow we can go for wagon,if not next week Tuesday my brother is free

Jura
Old 21-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

Crikey `heart attack` thats not good Jura, hope you are feeling much better?
As for the car, this is a great car mate so stick with it I`m sure you will both have it just how you always intended very soon
Old 21-06-2013, 05:20 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

'Heart attack' - really hope you are ok Jura. Take it easy mate.

The car sounds like its coming together. Just the last few glitches and it'll be a cracking motor. Tim has been through a load with his but on our run to Germany in May it was absolutley spot on and really good to experience it running at its best. Sure yours will be the same soon. Worth the wait!!
Old 21-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Silver Member

Thanks guys

Hopefully everything will be just OK from now

About the heart attack its been very stressful for me last few weeks and If I know this be like this,not sure if we would go with this project.

Jura
Old 23-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Silver Member

Yesterday we are been for our wagon..

We drove yesterday home and must say,feels awesome in many ways.

Car is not stalling when we stuck in traffic,cold start is much better than on previous maps and idle is it like should be nice and stable(no erratic idle when fans turns on).

I've expected again Twin plate clutch issue,but seems with this map,we don't have this issue,my brother said,he expected problems when we will be in traffic,but we stuck at traffic as usual on M25 and no problems

Now we will be making around run-in 500-600miles,we are confident we will do this in 1 week,if my brother is free and hopefully in beginning of the July wagon will be mapped on full power

As I said there are small issues like with the Rotated kit,which probably touching gearbox and this should be resolved next time when we will come on the final oil change

All in all we are very happy how is drive and how it feels.

Here is few pictures of the our wagon:

And one HDR

Jura
Old 23-06-2013, 06:07 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

WOW Jura, thats looking awesome. Nice one
Old 23-06-2013, 06:23 PM

That is looking stunning Jura

Really looks aggressive on those wheels and wide 888's. You must be so pleased to finally have it back
Old 23-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
That is looking stunning Jura

Really looks aggressive on those wheels and wide 888's. You must be so pleased to finally have it back
Totally agree, looks the nuts and so glad your finally driving it
Old 23-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Awesome Jura
Old 23-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

Thanks guys for kind comments,really appreciated and we are very pleased how it looks and how it drives

Thanks again guys for kind comments

Jura
Old 23-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

Good to see it back Jura. What you hoping for at the remap?
Old 23-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Good to see it back Jura. What you hoping for at the remap?
Hi Tim

Thanks

Not sure,but hopefully 600bhp will be enough for us,we will be limited for now with PPG,but 600bhp is our target

Jura
Old 23-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Gold Member

Should be a weapon with 600bhp, makes me want to get another wagon
Old 24-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
Should be a weapon with 600bhp, makes me want to get another wagon
Hi Ian

Hopefully yes will be weapon,after we have run our wagon at 490bhp, we are been very happy,but with 600bhp not sure how it feels on the road or on the track

You know you want again wagon,get one and enjoy

Jura
Old 03-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

Few updates:

We done run-in miles last week on Sunday,run-in went fine,car responded nicely during the run-in,no problems at all.

Service has been done on Monday at Neil@Slowboy racing,oil changed,plus bigger NOS jet fitted and Water methanol is refitted too,again we will be running smaller jet/nozzle,when we will have bigger ones we will refit them

Yesterday we are been at Tim@jti.uk.com,he replaced oil pressure sensor and done few other bits like is the checking the LC switch/paddle,now is wired correctly and working as should(on previous occasions we have problems when sometimes working or not working,but there has been only wiring issue)

We should have our wagon mapped today,but my brother has been unfortunately called on the trip to the Nairobi and he will be back on Friday,but hope so wagon will be mapped on Friday or next week

We would love to have our wagon mapped today or this week,just due on Sunday is RWYB and we would love to attend this,but we will see

Jura
Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Silver Member

Few updates:

Today we are tried to set water methanol,from some reason we can't set start of the WMI(water methanol injection)at lower boost level,after several runs we are find sweet spot at 0.1bar where will start and will pull all the way up to max boost.

We are find there has been missed one connection and due this we cannot set WMI at lower boost level,but now at least is wired and working well from lower boost

Today has our wagon been mapped and from start we have few issues like on Toucan we can't select map(when you select any CAL,simply will return to same CAL which has been previously selected),which again sorted Simon provisionally wired CAL switch,this has been start...We are never tried to select different map just due we are forgot PIN Code on previous Toucan

First few runs showed encouraging results,after few pulls,Simon can't make more than 0.7bar,we suspected we are not running 3 port boost solenoid like Simon this confirmed.Simon wired 3 port boost solenoid

But at 0.7bar we made almost 400bhp which for that sort of power,we are been hopeful we will make easily on V-power alone 550-570bhp

After several runs,Simon said,we are running high IDC(93%) on our injectors(ID1000's),he raised fuel pressure on 3.6bar which has stayed,at this stage we are think we should be able to make more power

Simon tried several runs with several boost settings(max boost has been 1.7-1.8bar),but still he managed to do 481bhp at 1.6bar as maximum(more boost doesn't transmit to more power,as Simon confirmed us he tried 1.8bar and we making same power),as Simon said/suggest,there must be some sort of the restriction,his main suspicion is exhaust which he said,can be the main reason,why we are not making more power with higher boost

We will check tomorrow or sometimes next week exhaust again,plus we will check headers too if they're not leaking or if they're OK at least,plus other bits we will need to check too..

I'm still thinking going with bigger main pump,we running now HRC 340LPH,which think we will replace for Walbro 450LPH or Bosch 044 as safety measure for next mapping session,but as Simon said,pumps are OK or will be OK at more power

How car feels at the 1.6bar,awesome pulls great and we can at least enjoy the car for now,still no NOS mapped and more boost will make hopefully more,but this we will know for sure sometimes in next few weeks

Think in couple of weeks we will make again trip to SRR for mapping,hope so we will make more power

Slightly disappointing end of the day and we can only say thanks to Simon and Charlie for mapping and all helps

Really thanks Simon for today late mapping and big thanks to you for this:thumb:

Jura

Last edited by jura11; 05-07-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Platinum Member

Nice job Jura, shame about the exhaust problem I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

Lovely wagon guys!
Old 18-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Nice job Jura, shame about the exhaust problem I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

Lovely wagon guys!

Thanks there and really appreciated for kind comment

Jura
Old 18-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Silver Member

Few updates

On Tuesday new exhaust has been fitted(Buddy Club Spec IV) and we are check everything if its there any leaks,what I've seen there are not leaks

Only one thing is missing is on one slip joint on the GT Spec headers which is holding the slip joints together,but this shouldn't affect top end power as Neil/Charlie and Simon confirmed this only affect spool up not the top end

Today we are been again get our wagon mapped,but seems we are still on the same bhp,seems there is still restriction

Charlie and Simon tried today everything and still we are unable make more than 491bhp,we are gained with the new exhaust,just due on previous mapping we run Water methanol and we made 481bhp,with plain V-power we are made 491bhp at same boost level

But early results has been encouraging as Simon/Charlie said at 0.7bar again 400bhp and 450bhp at 1.3bar

Exhaust is improvement over previous,but still there is restriction

Again Simon tried several boost setting or more timing and still nothing,we simply can't make above 500bhp

Charlie think at first time,wastegate is plumbed wrong way or timing belt is wrongly done,but I've spoke with Neil and Neil said,he exactly know what can cause this,is not the engine related

With this I would like again thanks to Simon@JGM and Charlie@SRR for today:ithankyou:,hopefully now 3rd time we will be lucky

Car feels awesome and really is great to drive,but still would love to try how will feel with higher bhp,but at least exhaust is now quieter at lower RPM(up to 3000RPM),at higher RPM noise of the exhaust is awesome

For now we can at least drive the car,which feels OK,but still I hate this hot weather,when I'm watching those ACT temperature I'm just worried to push car

Wagon will be going next week to Neil check over the car and hopefully he will fix this issue/bug

We are been today at Mags@RUISLIP TYRE SERVICE LTD(Thanks Mags you are star:thumb for XXR 530 8.75x18*we will be running Continental ContiSport 245/35 ZR18),which looks just awesome and for now we will be running them, just due we don't want damage R888 which we want keep them for track days and drag runs,plus wagon with 17" is much more lowered and sometimes we have problems to go though speed bumps

But there we are meet fellow SN member(wagon owner too) Ed@S100BEY,nice to meet you Ed:thumb:

Here is few pics of the wheels on our wagon

Jura
Old 18-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Bronze Member

Nice write up Jura. It is quite frustrating to be held back by a little problem.
Hope to catch up will you next week.

Can any of you guys on here guess what the course or issue might be?
Old 18-07-2013, 09:36 AM

Love those new wheels Jura

Hopefully you find what is restricting it and get it sorted. If you can make it, get your name down for Brands on 5th August - would be good to see the wagon out there
Old 18-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Silver Member

Very nice wheels Jura always a good thread to follow the development of the beast
Old 18-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Hoo? View Post
Nice write up Jura. It is quite frustrating to be held back by a little problem.
Hope to catch up will you next week.

Can any of you guys on here guess what the course or issue might be?
Hi Hugh

Neil is on Holidays until next week and our wagon,will be going there soonest as Neil is there and my brother is free

Hopefully Neil sort this next week and wagon will be mapped and we can take our wagon on the drag strip and track

Thanks again Hugh for kind comment

Jura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Love those new wheels Jura

Hopefully you find what is restricting it and get it sorted. If you can make it, get your name down for Brands on 5th August - would be good to see the wagon out there
Hi Steve

Thanks

Neil hopefully sort this next week and after that hopefully we will see what car will be making

5th august not sure,must speak with my brother if he is free and if yes then we will come for sure

Jura

Quote:
Originally Posted by simba View Post
Very nice wheels Jura always a good thread to follow the development of the beast
Thanks there and really thanks for kind comment

Jura
Old 21-07-2013, 04:09 AM
Gold Member

great taste in wheels jura it looks the nuts same as mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0489.jpg (132.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 21-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Silver Member

Just stumbled upon this thread and all I can say is 'Wow!' This has surely been a rollercoaster of a journey. Hope all goes well in the future
Old 21-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliart didz View Post
great taste in wheels jura it looks the nuts same as mine
Thanks Paul

Yours are too 18" or do you have 17",what size you are running?

Those wheels really suits yours car

Jura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread and all I can say is 'Wow!' This has surely been a rollercoaster of a journey. Hope all goes well in the future

Hi there

Thanks for kind comment

This project has been awesome journey with lots of ups and downs and if someone will ask me if its worth,I would say yes

Jura
Old 21-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Silver Member

Here is quick video of our wagon(still with the old HKS Hi-Power Exhaust)

SBR 2.35L JDM WRX Wagon - YouTube

I will upload later on video with the Buddy Club Spec IV

Jura
Old 21-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds soooooooooo good
Old 21-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Gold Member

my wheels are the same size as your jura,18"x8.75"
Old 26-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Silver Member

That spool up sounds the nuts lovely wagon would love to see/hear it in the flesh!! Nice job bud i hope you make over the 600bhp mark alot of agro youve had but its worth it in the end minus the heart attack!! keep it up!