South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 18-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Silver Member

Default Version 7 and 8 seats

Can anyone tell me if there is any major difference between 2002 sti seats and 2004 sti seats? I am going to look at some 2002 seats on saturday for the scoob.
Old 18-05-2011, 09:48 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is any major difference between 2002 sti seats and 2004 sti seats? I am going to look at some 2002 seats on saturday for the scoob.

They are both good seats mate, better than in my Hawkeye. The 2002 seats from memory have better shoulder support and are a bit more of a bucket, but the 2004 seats have better lower back/hip support. Dont think you would be dissappointed in either. I want to change mine over, but cant seem to sell my existing ones.
Old 18-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Silver Member

Cheers lucky, i get quite a lot of lower back pains in the scoob , i find the classic seats good on short distance's but long i get pains so i would prob be better off getting the version 8, but i am hoping that the version 7's are better then the classic seats as i am looking at a set on Saturday including rear bench..

Whats wrong with your seats then buddy?
Old 18-05-2011, 11:05 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Cheers lucky, i get quite a lot of lower back pains in the scoob , i find the classic seats good on short distance's but long i get pains so i would prob be better off getting the version 8, but i am hoping that the version 7's are better then the classic seats as i am looking at a set on Saturday including rear bench..

Whats wrong with your seats then buddy?

They are great fro day to day, really comfortable, but are slightly wider so I find (being 11.5 stone) that they are not supportive enough for me. The base of them is flatter, rather than a bucket design.
Old 18-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

v7 are slightly more hugging than the v8 (although both are better than the hawkeye ones).

Visually they are slightly different, both blue with pink STI embroidered in, but the v7 has more stitching in it the the shoulders.

STI7:

STI8:
Old 18-05-2011, 12:51 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

If your putting them in a classic. The STI8's do sit a little high, Scott.T will confirm and couldn't get on with them. However I had STI7's in my classic and they Sat more like a normal seat.
Old 18-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Silver Member

Brilliant... Cheers guys, looks like i will pick up those Sti 7 seats then.... Can not wait, are they more comfortable then the classic seats?
Old 18-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

As mentioned V7 are slightly more fitting
If fitting into a classic they can sit too high (if your near to 6ft). As the feet are taller.
Also the passenger side sits on even higher feet when compared to the drivers side.

However some of the very early 2002 STi or similar UK300 seats for some reason have lower runners the same height as a classic.
Old 18-05-2011, 05:17 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Your just want the rear armrest don't you?? Go on tell the truth
Old 18-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
As mentioned V7 are slightly more fitting
If fitting into a classic they can sit too high (if your near to 6ft). As the feet are taller.
Also the passenger side sits on even higher feet when compared to the drivers side.

However some of the very early 2002 STi or similar UK300 seats for some reason have lower runners the same height as a classic.
Cheers buddy, i just hope they are a little more comfortable then my classic seats, plus they will jazz up the inside a little as my seats look dated... Ow and i hope the seats dont sit to high as i am 5'11.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
Your just want the rear armrest don't you?? Go on tell the truth
I need to stop telling you my secrets Stiggy.....LOL....

How was your day out of the office today?
Old 18-05-2011, 10:00 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Quote:

Oh mate, shattered.... was looking at the screen all morning... Black ops is coming on very well so I then thought a couple of hours in the afternoon playing wouldn't do any harm....
Old 18-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Cheers buddy, i just hope they are a little more comfortable then my classic seats, plus they will jazz up the inside a little as my seats look dated... Ow and i hope the seats dont sit to high as i am 5'11.......

I need to stop telling you my secrets Stiggy.....LOL....

IMHO later Classic seats are more comfortable due to better side support and the tilting base.
newage only has base height adjustment and no tilt adjustment
Old 19-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
Oh mate, shattered.... was looking at the screen all morning... Black ops is coming on very well so I then thought a couple of hours in the afternoon playing wouldn't do any harm....

It always turns out longer then just a couple of hours... Have you got to grips with the controls yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
IMHO later Classic seats are more comfortable due to better side support and the tilting base.
newage only has base height adjustment and no tilt adjustment
I havent got the tilting base or hight adjustment.... plus i didint get the arm rest on the rear bench..