South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 16-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member

Default Nissan Skyline Detail

This was my other half nissan skyline GTS-T. When we picked it up it was in a bit of a sorry state, it was ment to be black but it had alot of swirls, like a sponge had been dropped on the floor then washed the car with it, also it had some sort of milkyness in the paint like staining so it was more of a grey colour, i just got my g220 so it was the perfect car to test it on, i couldnt really make it any worse so i thought what the hey.

The skyline turned out ok, wasnt the best correction but seriously improved on what it was and it was my first time with the g220, if the skyline was still around (nothing bad happend to it my other half decided to turn scooby) i would of corrected it fully.

Heres the before pics

So it was out with the snow foam, and after the first lot had started to dissipate it was given another dose

After the snow foam was rinsed off it was was washed with chemicial guys maxi suds II then rinsed again, you can allready see some improvement but alot of cars look good wet

Then whilst still wet it was clayed with meguairs quick clay kit, heres the clay after a test on the spoiler, also some after clay pics, you can see a big difference allready, the paint is smooth but it was still really bad

Then it was dried with sonus der wunder drying towel

After drying it was masked up ready for polishing

Weapon of choice G220 first on a white pad with chemicial guys polish sealent and glaze

Heres some 50/50's and progress shots

There were still some swirls and rds but i got rid of most of them, pretty good for a first attempt imo.

Next was the wheels, then were cleaned with billberry wheel cleaner and a soft wheel brush then rinsed

next was the rear bumper this had some quite bad oxidisation so abit more agressive approach was needed, i used the sonus yellow pad and a more agressive cutting polish

Before

50/50

After

Next it was given 2 coats of petes 53 wax and the tyres were dressed with meguairs endurance gloss, the glass was cleaned with megs fast glass and the metal bits polished with megs next gen metal polish

heres the final pics

I think the skyline turned out really well, it could of been improved alot more but i ran out of time, not bad for a first attempt though and imo much improved.
Old 16-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Platinum Member

Nice one Andy, mine next
Old 16-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Gold Member

Cracking job,if you think you might need more practice I can be around in the morning.
Old 16-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Bronze Member

Brill job mate. Looks sweet
Old 17-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Regular User

That is staggering!!!!
Old 17-04-2010, 05:47 PM
SES Mercedes Division

Love that Skyline

Shame it had to be sold
Old 17-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Authorised Trader

Looking good mate

Another Skyline had joined the fold now (Louie)