South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 25-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular User

Default A very well known WRX SHOW CAR in for some love.....

This detail I carried out last year, it use to be owned by Craig Mudd AKA Muddydetail.

Car was in for a full correction detail.

Car Accolades Shows and Media:

SIDC Competitions:
SIDC/The FastShow '05 - Best Subaru Of Show
SIDC/Japfest '05 - Best Subaru Of Show
SIDC/JAPS '05 - Best Modified Impreza
SIDC/JAE - Best Modified Impreza
SIDC/Trax '05 - Best Modified Impreza
SIDC/NBO - Runner-up New Age Modified

SIDC/Jap show '06 - Best New Age Concours
SIDC/JAPS '06 - Best New Age Concours
SIDC/JAE '06 - Best New Age Concours
SIDC/Trax '06 - Best New Age Concours

SIDC/JAE '07 - Best New Age Concours
SIDC/JAE '07 - Best New Age Concours

Main Shows:
Japshow '05 - Meguiars Best Of Show
JAPS '05 - Best Subaru Of Show
JAE '05 - Best Subaru
Rising Sun Sunday '05 - 2nd in Class (Subaru)
Rising Sun Sunday '05 - Best Modified Car of Show
Japanese Performance Car Show - Meguiars Best of Show

Donnyshow '06 - Autoglym Best in Britain - Best Engine and Bay.
JAPS '06 - Best Subaru of Show - Runner-up
JAPS '06 - Best Pride of Ownership
JAPS '06 - Best of Show
JAE '06 - Best Subaru
Donny South '06 - Autoglym Best in South 2nd Place
Modified Mayhem '06 - Best In Show

Performance Tuning & Modified Show '07 - Meguiars - Best Engine Bay
Autoglym Best Jap Concours'07 - Best of Show
Autoglym Concours D'elegance 1st Rd - Modified & Performance - 2nd Place

Right this was the car on arrival:

Firstly the wheels were cleaned using AS Smartwheels and a selection of brushes, the arches were soaked in super de-reaser and rinsed at high pressure, tyres were scrubbed with g101.

Next the car was given a citrus pre-soak for the lowers to help remove some of the roam grime and loosen all the dead bugs thn rinsed.

Then foamed and left to dwell followed by a 2bm wash using dodo sp and a z sponge.

then dried using the i4detailing uber plush towels and some megs lt

There was a bit of dull sunlight bit it still showed up the swirling that was on the car so quickly grabbed a few pics:

the car was then brought inside to clay usin autobrite grey gentle clay.

During:

After:

The car was then all masked up ready for polishing but now most of the previous protection was removed it showed the true extent of the paintworks real defects.

Then all of a sudden heard this :doublesho

For polishing it was the usual case with Subaru's of bloody horrible sticky paintwork so had to try a few different combinations before I was happy.

Correction work: Makita, Elitecarcare Cuttin pad with a mixture of Menz IP 3.02 & Menz FF RD85.

Finishing work: G220 and the black LC finishing pad with 3m ultrafina se.

A little 50/50 test patch:

Lights before:

After:

Looking better already:

One all the correction work was finished the cars paintowrk was then refined with the 3m ultrafina se combo (2 days)

On return in the morning the car was given a IPA wipedown 50/50 mix with distilled water to help remove all the oils from the polishing stage and get a perfect bonding surface for the Swissvax Best of Show.

Here is the car with its 1st coat of SV curing:

while the wax was curing the windows were cleaned using megs glass cleaner and some glass cloths, they were then sealed using Zaino CS.

The tyres were dressed using 2x coats of megs endurance and the wheels sealed using Zaino CS.

The wax was then buffed off after around 45 mins leaving the car looking like this.

I then started to polish the engine bay and there was LOTS to polish too, I used the 2 stage britemax polish/sealant.

Engine bay befores: notice all the horrible water ethings on the metal work, mainly from the bonnet scoop.

After 3.5 hrs of polishing and sealing she looked like this:

All the underneath of the bonnet and the shut/metal work was all wax with sv too, the hose were leaned and dressed with AS smart shine.

Finally the following day I popped back to applied the last 2nd coat of BOS and get under the car on axle stands and polish the exhaust using again the britemax 2 stage polish/sealant.

Some final pics hope you all enjoy, and Craig if your reading a stunning car mate that you've built here hope your proud that she looks top notch again.

And the final touch, had my friend make me up some stickers for the rear windows to replace Craigs old 1's.

Total time around 30hrs

All comments welcome as usual.

Paul