South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Regular User

Default Porsche Caymen 'S' Enhancement Detail with 'VINTAGE'

Today I had booked in a 2006 Porsche Caymen 'S' in for a 1 day enhancement detail with some Zymol Vintage wax.
Up at the crack of dawn 6am left home to go to the unit and load up and arrived at the owners house at 7:20am.
The car on arrival was pretty clean just some laying dust and dirt.

Firstly I cracked on with the wheels and arches, cleaned using espuma revolution and g101 for the tyres/arches, the wheels were cleaned but the inners were covered in tar so needed a good soak in Tardis.
The car was then foamed using Lovely Jubbly 'envy foam' and left for 5 mins to dwell.

The car was then washed using 2bm zymol sponges and some megs hyper wash, this was then rinsed and clayed using megs clay, I showed the owner what the clay did and let him have a go, 'he couldn't believe how contaminated the paintwork was'
The car was then inspected for defects, swirls and a few scuffs on the rear bumpers and rear qtr.

The sun was in and out like a yoyo and when ever I went to take a pic is was covered in clouds again......
The polishing was done using megs polishing pad and 3m extrafine, some places needed elite car care cutting pad and extrafine on bonnet and bootlid. I managed to achieve about 75-80% correction in the time I had today and the owner was delighted.

Once all the polishing was complete the car was then cleansed using Lime Prime by hand and buffed, this was followed by a coat of Zymol Vintage applied panel at a time and buffed.
Finally and the shuts were dressed and the tyres dressed using cg new look trim gel, wheels sealed using poorboys wheel sealant, glass cleaned, gummi pfledge the seals/rubbers and 303 used to dressed the plastics/arches and finally exhausts were polished using wirewool and autosol.
10hrs later we have the car looking like this, just a pitty the clouds had set in for the day as the sunligh really brought the paintwork to life, a lovely colour (cobolt blue)
Finished shots:

Thanks to the owner Rich for the coffee's/dinner and the good bike/camera chat.
Rgds
Paul

Tags
hampshire detailer, hampshirevehicledetailing, porsche caymen detailing, porsche detailer, surrey detailer