South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Enforced Project (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=4839)

C. J. 18-06-2010 08:37 AM

Any time you want give us a call or if you give us the keys i'll take it out for you in the week

SpecB 19-06-2010 06:15 AM

I'm looking at Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday - I'm going to get straight home from work so should be starting at around 4pm. C.J. I'll call you later today and try to get up Either Sunday or Monday evening to pick up the hoist.

Mortster 19-06-2010 07:29 AM

Free all of those, just let me know .

Steve_PPP 19-06-2010 10:12 AM

i can get there about six on tues/thursday but should have wednesday off work so can be there at 4..

although the england game kicks off at 3 :paranoid:

SpecB 19-06-2010 07:21 PM

Scrub Wednesday I'm at work until 8!

SpecB 20-06-2010 08:36 AM

Looks Like Tuesday is the best bet - I'll be pulling the alternator etc today or tomorrow then it should be ready to lift on Tuesday. I should be home by 4pm ready to make a start early doors!

Sian wants to know who may be coming to help or stand giving 'useful' advice so she can sort the catering!

Mortster 20-06-2010 08:57 AM

I'll be down to help, pm me the postcode.;-)

SpecB 22-06-2010 09:56 PM

Cheers for the help guys, almost got there - just need to get one more bolt out of the downpipe, then it's up-pipe, turbo and drivers side header and I think I'm ready to unbolt the gearbox and lift the engine out!! Decided to give up today as the car was only on a trolley jack and the bolt needs to be accessed from under the car and will take some force to get undone so I need to sort some Axel stands so I feel safer!!

Crowman 22-06-2010 10:13 PM

I got axle stands and trolley jack if you need them mate

Steve_PPP 22-06-2010 10:53 PM

tell Sian cheers for the bbq food :ok:

hope that last bolt in the downpipe doesn't prove to be too much of a sod when you've got the car up on axle stands!

Mortster 22-06-2010 10:53 PM

No worries Nick, We've identified that spider too....Its a False Widow Spider, originaly from the Canary Islands, but now also found in Southen Coastal Regions and wierdly, Inland Surrey.

Carries a fairly nasty sting too, far more severe than a bee or wasp sting.

Steve_PPP 22-06-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortster (Post 53176)
No worries Nick, We've identified that spider too....Its a False Widow Spider, originaly from the Canary Islands, but now also found in Southen Coastal Regions and wierdly, Inland Surrey.

http://www.rodcollins.com/images/false-widow-spider.jpg

Blame global warming eh, can't see why they'd want to come to england if they from the canary islands :lol:

DukeBoy 22-06-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 53180)
http://www.rodcollins.com/images/false-widow-spider.jpgCan't see why they'd want to come to england if they from the canary islands :lol:

Same reason everyother fcuker does :rofl:

SpecB 23-06-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 53171)
I got axle stands and trolley jack if you need them mate

Cheers for the offer, I've got a set buried somewhere in my folks garage!! Starting to wish I'd just paid someone to take the bloody thing out for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortster (Post 53176)
We've identified that spider too....Its a False Widow Spider, originaly from the Canary Islands, but now also found in Southen Coastal Regions and wierdly, Inland Surrey.

Oh bugger - hope none crawl into my intercooler or radiator while they're in the shed!

Steve_PPP 23-06-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeBoy (Post 53182)
Same reason everyother fcuker does :rofl:

I'd like to see a spider trying to hold a pen and filling out a benefits form :rofl:

C. J. 23-06-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 53191)
I'd like to see a spider trying to hold a pen and filling out a benefits form :rofl:

they fill it in for them :grin:
Or did under labour !:whistle:

SpecB 29-06-2010 06:32 PM

Having given up on the downpipe bolts I've been having a nice chat with a certain Mr Rivett!

Car's off to him next Wednesday to get the engine taken out and shipped to Andy Willams to complete the build - while the engines off I'm going to sort out the fuel rail brackets and get a HDI Front mount ordered. Mike Rivett will then drop my engine back in and build it up - I'll run it on the esisting ECU and map for a few miles before getting the Syvecs fitted.

SpecB 02-07-2010 05:09 PM

Having had a few thoughts about catch cans I came across this piece of kit!

http://www.grimmspeed.com/images/pro.../aos_300_1.jpg

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=191

SpecB 07-07-2010 07:12 AM

Well cars being collected tonight and taken up to Rivetts Autos for the engine to be pulled before it's sent off and I get my nice new 2.5 in exchange!! The AOS arrived yesterday but I wasn't in to take delivery so will post some pics later. Only stumbling block right now is that Harvey is on holiday so I can't get the Hybrid FMIC until the 12th!

Mortster 07-07-2010 07:45 AM

Forgot to say Nick, Lifestyle in Tunny Wells have that wheel on the rack in the window.

Crowman 07-07-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 54892)
Well cars being collected tonight and taken up to Rivetts Autos for the engine to be pulled before it's sent off and I get my nice new 2.5 in exchange!! The AOS arrived yesterday but I wasn't in to take delivery so will post some pics later. Only stumbling block right now is that Harvey is on holiday so I can't get the Hybrid FMIC until the 12th!

All heading in the right direction Nick.
Bet you cant wait mate:yeah:

SpecB 08-07-2010 06:59 AM

Sad to see her go last night, really would have liked to sort the car myself but time, talent and space/equipment got the better of me!! Had a good chat with Mike when he came to pick her up so I'm more than happy she's in safe hands.

The AOS arrived and is a excellently made piece of kit, the only issue I have it that it doesn't intercept the Crank case to PCV valve line but I think I'll just put a std catch can in that line as it's one way. My Hybrid FMIC should arrive on Friday and once I've tidied up my fuel rail brackets I'll be up to Mikes to drop the inlet and front mount in.

I'm planning my colour scheme again and will be painting the inlet manifold wrinkle black then slowly replacing the rest of the hoses Samco Blue. So Hopefully I should be on the road again next month.

Final Spec should be as follows:
  • Engine
  • Syvecs ECU (JGM)
  • EJ257 Block
  • Nitrided Sti 9 Crank
  • Williams Forged Rods
  • Weisco Pistons
  • Sti 8 AVCS Heads
  • ARP 11mm Head Studs
  • Cometic head Gaskets
  • APS SR40 Turbo
  • Spec C Inlet Manifold
  • Phenolic Spacers
  • Samco inlet hose
  • Grimmspeed AOS
  • Throttle body coolant bypass
  • Perrin Parallel fuel rails
  • Sti Pink injectors
  • Wallbro 225 Fuel Pump
  • High Pressure Oil pump
  • Milltek 3' Exhaust (sports Cat)
  • Hybrid FMIC
  • Hybrid CAK
  • Forge BOV
  • Exedy stage 1 clutch
  • Suspension/Handling
  • Eibach 23mm Front ARB
  • Eibach 25mm Rear ARB
  • Front Strut Brace
  • Rear Camber bolts
  • BC adjustable coilovers
  • Powerflex rear drop links
  • 4pot AP racing 330mm front brakes
  • DS2500 pads
  • Hel braided brake lines
  • Interior
  • Carbon skinned dash
  • Sti 8 Seats
  • ICE
  • Kenwood DNX5220BT
  • CTS Front components
  • JL Audio 400x Amp
  • JL Audio 12" Sub and box
  • Dynamatted front doors
  • Exterior
  • Orcacri Side Skirts
  • Sti 8 rear spoiler
  • S202 front Grille
  • JDM Sti HID lights
  • Prodrive PFF7 18's
  • Sti 7 Scoop

worzel 08-07-2010 09:15 AM

It's gonna be the nuts mate :doubleup:

Good to see you have gone for a cheap build as well :whistle:

Hongkongfooi 08-07-2010 12:56 PM

it will be on 550 inj's?

worzel 08-07-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 55013)
it will be on 550 inj's?

I hadn't spotted that :shock: You are bumping them up too....... aren't you?

Also, I know it's extra money, but get an oil cooler. I'm sure plenty of people on here will advise the same :nod:

SpecB 08-07-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 54993)
It's gonna be the nuts mate :doubleup:

Good to see you have gone for a cheap build as well :whistle:

3.5K for the engine - not too shabby!

As for injectors I'm not planning to uprate them as yet as I'm going to be getting it mapped around the 350 mark until well run in and then get the G/box done before going for the big numbers. Will I struggle on the pinks, If StevePPP buys my TMIC I'll get my pinks flowed by lateral!

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 55017)
Also, I know it's extra money, but get an oil cooler. I'm sure plenty of people on here will advise the same :nod:

I'm planning to get one at some point but have already gone way past the budget with the FMIC etc.

Hongkongfooi 08-07-2010 06:21 PM

If I'm right Nick... Worzel's on 800's, I'm on 650's on my 2 litre but Lucky is on 550's on his 2.5.
I'm sure you could get away with the pink's as you say at a low mapping to run in but definately will need more fuel once the syvecs is installed to really make the most of your engine.

Crikey...I almost sound as though I know what I'm doing!:beer:

Anger 08-07-2010 06:26 PM

Mine was running 453bhp 503lbs/ft on 650's no problem

Steve_PPP 08-07-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 55035)
If StevePPP buys my TMIC I'll get my pinks flowed by lateral!

Give it a quick clean and i'll pop over sometime and get it ;)

SpecB 08-07-2010 07:58 PM

If you're lucky I'll fit it for you! Still have the scars from the first time I fitted it!

Mortster 08-07-2010 08:26 PM

Check it for spiders remember...:smile:

Steve_PPP 08-07-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortster (Post 55064)
Check it for spiders remember...:smile:

hahah, they'll soon move out when it warms up! :lol:

SpecB 09-07-2010 07:00 AM

Not sure they'll help the airflow!

SpecB 13-07-2010 11:57 PM

Latest Update is that the Engine is out and with Andy Williams in Wales, I should get the 2.5 back from Andy and delivered straight to Mike by the end of this week - Car is booked with JGM for the 26th for the Syvecs!! Just got to get the Manifold painted (wrinkle black) and the fuel rail brackets remade and back up to Mike. Will be painting the FMIC pipework to match the inlet manifold as well so should have quite a good look under the hood when I'm done.

Steve_PPP 14-07-2010 08:22 AM

sounds like everything is moving along quicky!

make sure you give the empty engine bay a good clean out before the engines dropped back in - otherwise you'll have your nice shiny new manifold and intercooler pipework hiding the dirt underneath in hard to reach places!

Chunk 14-07-2010 08:34 AM

Sounds like it going to be a good build

Coming on quick. Hope to see it at a meet soon

AndyWRX 15-07-2010 01:26 PM

Comming alone nicely mate, get some pics up :-)

worzel 15-07-2010 01:43 PM

So Nick. When Simon gets his hands on it and starts the mapping.

Are you going to go balls out and get the big numbers? :twisted:

Or are you looking for something safer? :oldman:

SpecB 19-07-2010 07:30 PM

Bit of a hold up in the process, car won't be ready for Monday (26ths) planned mapping session so I'm waiting for Simon to get back to me with a date after he returns from his Hols!

Car will be put on a running in map to start with obviously - then turned up to the 350/400 mark once run in on the existing turbo and injectors. Once I get the gearbox sorted I'll get it mapped again to see what the max it will give on this turbo is. Eventually I'll uprate the injectors and the Turbo MD321T or similar to get my target of 450/450 - other planned changes before this are knock analyser, oil pressure gauges and oil cooler etc. I'm looking for a bomb proof 450/450 with good margins of error. I'll probably have to change the air filter to an RCM setup like Worzels as opposed to the one in the front wing as well.

Anger 19-07-2010 07:34 PM

Why will you have to get rid of the filter in the wing ?