South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Enforced Project (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=4839)

SpecB 19-07-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 56266)
Why will you have to get rid of the filter in the wing ?

It's a possibility as Harvey seems to think you can't get a big enough filter in the inner wing space to flow over 400BHP - I know Steve had filter issues with his and went for the RCM filter. Be a case of seeing what the situation is at the time I'll listen carefully to the Monsters advice when mapping if it appears that's the limiting factor!

Anger 19-07-2010 09:34 PM

I think mine proves that wrong and Granby had his in the wing aswell

Mine on a safe map is running 432bhp 469lbs/ft and has run 458bhp 510lbs/ft with it in the wing

SpecB 20-07-2010 06:07 AM

Is yours the Hybrid FMIC and if so do you know what filter you are running? I can't work out which pipe is which so don't know what size filter I need to fit the CAK!

SpecB 24-07-2010 12:49 PM

All the bits barring the filter are in place, FMIC pipework and inlet painted wrinkle black. Just need to get the parts up to Mike next week for fitting - re-booked with JGM for after his holiday so should have the car back for Japbash but will still be on the running in map I guess.

Steve_PPP 24-07-2010 05:10 PM

really coming together quickly mate :doubleup:

SpecB 27-07-2010 11:13 AM

Off in a bit to see the car, first time for a few weeks! Engine is in just going up to drop the inlet and FMIC up for the finishing touches.

Hongkongfooi 27-07-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 57055)
Off in a bit to see the car, first time for a few weeks! Engine is in just going up to drop the inlet and FMIC up for the finishing touches.

take your camera Nick!

Steve_PPP 27-07-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 57055)

Not sure if you've left already but if not - but let me know if your passing my way after 4pm-ish :)

Oh, and can we have our cool-bag back please :lol:

SpecB 28-07-2010 07:22 PM

Totally forgot to get the Under tray sorry Steve but I'll be back up your way in a bit due to some unforeseen issues!

Looks like something was put on top of the engine by the couriers, slightly bent a bracket and also dented the turbo actuator - but most annoyingly snapped the oil filler pipe in half. I've also had to get a new oil feed pipe to the turbo due to the different connections on the AVCS heads.

All on order and should be up at Mikes by the end of the week (I hope). Car is now rebooked for the 23rd for the initial running in map - I may try to squeeze the second map in before Japbash if I can get the miles on the car first - 500miles run in oil, then can go for a full map with an oil change again after a further 1K miles.

Steve_PPP 28-07-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 57250)
Totally forgot to get the Under tray sorry Steve but I'll be back up your way in a bit due to some unforeseen issues!

No worries mate, still gotta find myself a taller scoop to go with it!

Shame you've had extra problems because of the couriers - can you make a claim for the damages with them?

C. J. 28-07-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 57250)

Looks like something was put on top of the engine by the couriers, slightly bent a bracket and also dented the turbo actuator - but most annoyingly snapped the oil filler pipe in half. I've also had to get a new oil feed pipe to the turbo due to the different connections on the AVCS heads.

All on order and should be up at Mikes by the end of the week (I hope). Car is now rebooked for the 23rd for the initial running in map - I may try to squeeze the second map in before Japbash if I can get the miles on the car first - 500miles run in oil, then can go for a full map with an oil change again after a further 1K miles.

Have an oil line for avacs in the garage if its all thats holding it up

SpecB 29-07-2010 07:21 AM

Cheers C.J - got a HEL braided one on order so should be OK but if it turns out to be wrong I'll be in touch.

Can't claim off the couriers as Mike signed for the engine on arrival and didn't notice the damage until it was unwrapped and in the car, in fact he hadn't noticed the dent on the actuator or bent bracket until I was looking over the car yesterday. Worst case scenario is that I may need to replace the actuator if it proves to be damaged (maybe an excuse for a new turbo :wink:)

C. J. 29-07-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 57298)
Cheers C.J - got a HEL braided one on order so should be OK but if it turns out to be wrong I'll be in touch.

Can't claim off the couriers as Mike signed for the engine on arrival and didn't notice the damage until it was unwrapped and in the car, in fact he hadn't noticed the dent on the actuator or bent bracket until I was looking over the car yesterday. Worst case scenario is that I may need to replace the actuator if it proves to be damaged (maybe an excuse for a new turbo :wink:)

would have thought he would of learnt after scoobysticks engine change to check packages !

SpecB 30-07-2010 07:21 AM

Hose arrived next day (Hose solutions UK) but has the wrong size Banjo on it - bloody APS turbos! They are happy to take the hose back and will make me a custom one if I send my hose in so they get the size right! So looks more like next week now!

SpecB 12-08-2010 08:51 PM

Finally got all the parts together now, needed a couple of extra bita and a bit of a mix up with the oil feed hose but they all went in the post today so should be withMike tomorrow - all being well I should pick the car up on Friday next week for a very slow drive home before the JGM magic with the custom Syvecs (cheers C.J. and Pat) and the running in map - with the wedding as well looks like mine will be on the running in map for some time!!!

The Gimp 28-08-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 56284)
I think mine proves that wrong and Granby had his in the wing aswell

Mine on a safe map is running 432bhp 469lbs/ft and has run 458bhp 510lbs/ft with it in the wing

+3

Running mine in the wing too. As I said on SN I got mine from Graham Goode Racing.
Flow / intake is fine as per JGM looking at it.

Should be fun once you have the car on the road again mate. Stick with it.

Steve

SpecB 28-08-2010 09:10 AM

I'm going for the K & N from RCM as I'll be deleting the MAF and it was only £50!

Just trying to sort out the fuel supply and fuel regulator etc. now

Steve_PPP 28-08-2010 10:21 AM

sounds like its all coming along mate :)

where's this undertray got to then? ;)

Scooby_Greg 28-08-2010 12:50 PM

Will you be at the Japbash next Sat? It would be good to see your car and all the work that's gone into it.:doubleup:

SpecB 29-08-2010 07:49 AM

Steve, I should be able to bring the undertray to Japbash sure there's room in the sports boot!

Steve_PPP 29-08-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 60095)
Steve, I should be able to bring the undertray to Japbash sure there's room in the sports boot!

Sounds good :D

SpecB 14-09-2010 07:16 AM

All ready this morning for the next stage, Have a boot full of goodies ready for the trip up to Charlies.

Hopefully I should be returning with 650 injectors, Pennine Custom Fuel Rails with Fuel lab FPR K & N induction on MAF less intake and Syvecs all on the 2.5 with AVCS heads. Bring on the 400s!

Steve_PPP 14-09-2010 08:22 AM

hope it goes well mate :doubleup:

Hongkongfooi 14-09-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 61512)
All ready this morning for the next stage, Have a boot full of goodies ready for the trip up to Charlies.

Hopefully I should be returning with 650 injectors, Pennine Custom Fuel Rails with Fuel lab FPR K & N induction on MAF less intake and Syvecs all on the 2.5 with AVCS heads. Bring on the 400s!

when you going on the rollers Nick? If i'm off I might pop up to watch!:doubleup:

SpecB 15-09-2010 08:41 PM

I was up there yesterday Tim, sorry I didn't see your post!

Biggest change is the torque, max was 325lbft @ 5250rpm now peaks at 350 at 4500 and holds 350 until 5500 in fact there is 300lbft plus of torque from 3250rpm! Power wise up by 20BHP but at 3500rpm up by 100BHP!
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...eforeAfter.jpg

Oh and did I mention only 1.1 Bar boost currently to keep torque down and protect the std wrx 5 speed box! Turbo was at 1.5bar on the previous map!
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...O/Sept2010.jpg

Anger 15-09-2010 08:48 PM

Nice one mate :)

The Gimp 15-09-2010 09:04 PM

Nice one mate. Glad it's all come good.

Steve

Steve_PPP 15-09-2010 09:14 PM

nice one, not far from the big 400 now mate :ok:

Hongkongfooi 15-09-2010 09:19 PM

there's life in the aps turbo yet!

Jolly Green Monster 15-09-2010 09:31 PM

very impressed with the setup.. it worked very well! and goes like stink :)

Simon

worzel 16-09-2010 08:59 AM

Good job mate, and still more to come, it promises a lot matey! :yeah:

666subaru 16-09-2010 03:16 PM

Nice one Nick, good on you buddy.:10:

SpecB 19-10-2010 07:47 AM

Off again tonight to sort a slight issue with the idle and also get the Anti Lag turned on!

I do have a set of 650s and new fuel rails/fpr to fit but just couldn't find the time! Aso got an Orcacari rear spoiler in the shed from Sian as my wedding present which I need to get fitted! Should get there in the end!

Mortster 19-10-2010 09:19 PM

Does that mean you'll have some Pinks up for grabs? :-D

SpecB 20-10-2010 06:30 AM

I will have the pinks in a while, small issue in that I didn't manage to find the time to swap the fuel system over. So hopefully I should get that done soon and the pinks will be available around Xmas if that's any use?

Car runs better now thanks to Simons magic touch and got the A/C working again - we'd swapped the A/C pins about when re-pinning the ECU Wiring loom for the AVCS heads, process of trial and error but Simon found where they ended up in the end!

Because I'm a picky bugger the Anti lags not wired in yet just need to find the switching wires for the front fog switch and I'll use that to activate it!

Scottie :) 20-10-2010 12:17 PM

Sounds wicked mate. Great job :)

SpecB 20-10-2010 08:11 PM

How can a switch not have a switched output! Had to give up with the fog switch so have just got a illuminated rocker switch.

Anti Lag is possibly the worst mod yet for my wallet! Only driven to work and back and used almost 1/4 of a tank! But the smile, wobbling cyclists/mopeddlers etc. was worth it!

The Gimp 21-10-2010 12:52 AM

Good stuff mate.

Why not run a switch in the centre console?

Goes easy on the ALS mate. It will kill your engine if ran all the time. The it creates is unreal.

Enjoy it regardless.

Steve

SpecB 21-10-2010 06:45 AM

I was hoping to go stealth and use the redundant For light switch, I've wired in a switch in a blank next to it now I guess where you STi guys have the I/C spray switch!

SpecB 18-02-2011 07:03 AM

Time for the next stage!

Had a tidy up under the engine bay, sorted out the AOS so it feeds off the heads and the crank breather, fitted the oil catch can which I will shortly actually connect to intercept the PCV breather so the system will be fully sorted but retain the PCV which I've read is needed to create a flow and reduce condensation in the block. Removed the fuel breather/purge valve system to tidy up further.

Next steps are to get the intake air temp sensor fitted, fit the new fuel rails and fpr and sort the gearbox! The Orcacri rear spoiler with carbon (3M) rear blade should also go on in the next few weeks. Plus the front grilles will be sprayed Black and the cold air intake fitted to the front fog.