South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default All Stickered up for Le-man's

All stickered up and ready for my yearly pilgrimage to Le-man.

Early morning Train on Thursday morning, lots of beer, burgers, good company, talking lots of car ********, and blast of drive there and back. Good crack and can highly recommend it for anyone that hasn't done it.

Along with Nurburg its something every petrol head should do at least once in there lifetime. The atmosphere is electric at the event by both by day and night.

Sitting in a pub at Arnage' watching every exotica you can think off pass you by or anyone of the many campsites on or aorund trackside by night, or live band such as UB40 last year priceless.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Crowman

Nice one mate, would be cool to go 1 year
Old 06-06-2011, 09:14 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

It would be cool, especially with us all barrelling down there. Definately worth a look at one year.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Silver Member

Not going to Le-man this week but I will do it one year ,but I will be going there in three week tomorrow for a kart 24 hour race on the kart track there, hope to start testing wed if not thurs for the race over the weekend .
Old 06-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Gold Member

Taking the wifes car then!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post

I'd like to get to this one year for sure
Old 07-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Bronze Member

Have a good one Rob, I join you next year if ok.... be good to do the event

Ex owner of - (Scoobie Less at present - still looking for one)

Subaru 1998 Classic UK Saloon (250 BHP) AWD Turbo and Subaru 1994 Classic UK Wagon (211 BHP) AWD Turbo
Old 07-06-2011, 08:58 AM
worzel

Have a good one Rob

Lots of pictures, if you are sober enough
Old 07-06-2011, 09:25 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
PMSL... By far the slowest car going as well. But I'll have fun trying to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion73 View Post
Have a good one Rob, I join you next year if ok.... be good to do the event
Thanks - More the merrier, will float the idea out there early next year/later this next year for anyone who fancies this. The group I go with a great bunch of guys which has grown and changed a little over the years, but everyone is made welcome. It a great place to meet new like minded people. Its probably more about the social side than the race itself.

Driving down and back is an avent in itself, going down with 1000's of brits in every car you could dream off, every petrol station or eatery you pass will have lots of cars parked up, with people milling about talking rubbish about cars and looking at each others cars. So you tend to make lots of petrol, comfort break stops just for the sake of it. Driving back all the French come out and wave you home over the fly over bridges or camp up along roadside to wave you on.

Rather than camp right along trackside which is manic and a little full on, with little or no wash facilities, dust, dirt, noise, maniac's doing burnouts, water piston fights etc. We tend to stay about 5km out for the race track and camp a little more in style with full shower/wash facilities, large TV screen, entertainment, bar, on site Chef serving breakfast and evening meal. Then just drive into trackside eby night/day or take the free shuittle bus. Plenty of other parties to create the party atmosphere but not OTT.

If you not watching the racing or the totty on the start/finish line, plenty of other things to do around trackside with huge fun fairs, live bands, shops galore, and more. Or just chill in your deck chair drink more beer and eat junk food.

Will take plenty of pics and vids if I can, and post up when i return to give you a taster.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post

Rather than camp right along trackside which is manic and a little full on, with little or no wash facilities, dust, dirt, noise, maniac's doing burnouts, water piston fights etc. We tend to stay about 5km out for the race track and camp a little more in style with full shower/wash facilities, large TV screen, entertainment, bar, on site Chef serving breakfast and evening meal. Then just drive into trackside eby night/day or take the free shuittle bus. Plenty of other parties to create the party atmosphere but not OTT.
That's the one thing that people (myself included) worry about. So knowing that you do a much more civilised options is comforting.

We have talked about this while we were at the ring a couple of times, spunky goes down every year and raves about it. It's one that is on the "to do" list for sure.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Gold Member

Always meaning to do this so if theirs to be an organised trip I'd be up for it.