South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 18-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Regular User

Question My accident with a BT car

I thought it would best if I gave this it own thread..

So the story goes, I was driving down to meet JGM for him to fit a Simtek ECU on Monday. While driving though Leeds I was hit from behind by a BT sales man.

I've already informed my insurance company yesterday, but today I've received a letter from BT saying the accept responsibility (which is good news). They are offering to collect my car and repair it, also they will give a hire car to use for free. The also say I don't have to go though my insurance company.

Now the question is do I take them up on the offer?
Old 18-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member

have a look into it mate first, you dont want them to send your car off to a cowboy garage where theyll just bodge it together, it all sounds abit strange to be honest that they have offerd not to go through insurance when there such a big company and thats the point of insurance, i could be wrong though it just sounds a bit too good to be true
Old 18-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

You could go with it, but you could insist that the repairs are done at a garage of your choice.

Gary where are you help ??
Old 18-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
You could go with it, but you could insist that the repairs are done at a garage of your choice.

choose the garage you want to have it repaired at.
Old 18-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
thats probably what i'd do (if they'll agree to it).

wouldn't want any old backstreet garage doing the work!
Old 18-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
have a look into it mate first, you dont want them to send your car off to a cowboy garage where theyll just bodge it together, it all sounds abit strange to be honest that they have offerd not to go through insurance when there such a big company and thats the point of insurance, i could be wrong though it just sounds a bit too good to be true
I had to read it three times and I had to ask my dad to read it as well. The letter did come from their legal dept. On the letter it does say that all repairs will carry a 3 year guarantee. I am going to ring them tomorrow, to find out more. I thought I was going to have to fight to get them to admit it was their fault.

Quote:

I think they want to carry out the work at one of their workshops.
Old 19-11-2009, 08:50 AM
SES Mercedes Division

I will be speaking to Moley today. Will send him to this thread
Old 19-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
I will be speaking to Moley today. Will send him to this thread
Cheers mate