South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Silver Member

Default Clutch pedal has a mind of its own

When boosting my clutch pedal has a mind of its own and goes down by itself, does anyone have any ideas as to what that could be??
Old 07-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Gold Member

is the spring on the clutch arm?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Silver Member

i have that too. long motorway journeys where i sit in 5th n slow down n accellerate, my pedal goes down a little and i have 2 hook my foot under it and then pull it bk up.
also if i dont use the car over the weekend, i get the same thing when i start it monday morning.
feels like theres some resistance when i lift it bk up wiv my foot too.
and it feels like the spring is on it.
aint looked in 2 it yet as its not realy happening much

Last edited by andy-m; 07-06-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Silver Member

Cheers Tone, i will have a look but it doesn't happen all the time, only when i put my foot down on the Gas...

its annoying isn't it Andy, if you do find out what it is could you let me know.. To be fair though i have not looked at it myself yet, but if i do and find out what it is i will let you know.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Silver Member

yeah realy anoyin.
I'll have a look myself on sunday n let u know if i find out what it is too
Old 08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Silver Member

Cheers mate, you not going to the Surrey meet?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Silver Member

dunno yet. I got stuff 2 do over the weekend, if i get it all outa the way i'll look at the clutch pedal saturday n go 2 the meet sunday.
if not, i'll have 2 miss sundays meet n look at the pedal sunday
Old 13-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Silver Member

well, I got my head down in the footwell n had a look, i cant see any reason why my pedal is acting like this
Old 14-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Silver Member

I had a look as well Andy and i am going to try and adjust the pedal, i only had a quick look, as it is damn uncomfortable, and i will see if adjusting the arm will help...
Old 01-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

Andy i managed to adjust the pedal and it is perfect, give it a go have a look at the spring when you compress the pedal and if there is movement before the arm moves adjust acordingly. If you need a hand or for me to explain better let me know and i will meet up with ya if you want as this prob doesn't make sense....
Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Silver Member

cheers. I'll hve a look saturday. got a few bits n pieces to do on the car so i'll take a look at it then.
if i cant work it out, i'll see you t oen of the regional mets or something.

the problem for me isnt that bad realy so i can put up with it for a while if i need 2