South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 15-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Bronze Member

Default £1.42 a liter !!!!!!

what the hell i was paying just last week £1.36 a liter ,then the goverment give a big speach about lowering the fuel by a pennny a liter, what a load of lying twats,i bloody hate the govement all a buch of money grabing scum....
lets burn the govement down to the ground......
any way got that off my chest im going to take a chill pill now and play fonza 3 think i might take nurenburg on with out crashing....
Old 15-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Gold Member

dont worry it will be more next week
Old 16-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

£70 to fill mine and it only lasted To Brands and back!!!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 16-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Regular User

Its not all the goverments fault alot of garages now are franchised owned so there winding the prices up also along with the oil companies blaming the trouble in the middle east for high prices. I bet the yanks aint paying any more for fuel
Old 16-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
£70 to fill mine and it only lasted To Brands and back!!!
I used a tank going 1 way to Brands and just going round, wasn't much left in the tank when i was out with the instructor!

Not cheap this game
Old 16-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Silver Member

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/en...asoline-prices

Prices are in dollars..........first time we have come second in anything
Old 16-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member

I was getting some oil for the car the other day annd coughed when the guy in the motor factors gave me the price, he then pointed out that oil prices were going up due to the problems in the middle east, I pointed out in return that it was fully synthetic oil and there wasn't actually any oil in it and he shut up
Old 16-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I was getting some oil for the car the other day annd coughed when the guy in the motor factors gave me the price, he then pointed out that oil prices were going up due to the problems in the middle east, I pointed out in return that it was fully synthetic oil and there wasn't actually any oil in it and he shut up
Old 17-04-2011, 10:28 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Put £40 of V-Power in the Kompressor yesterday, it filled it up just over 1/4 of a tank

Getting silly price now
Old 17-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member

Dove past my local petrol station today £1.36 for petrol and £1.42 for diesel, good job i dont have to pay for diesel in my van, but drove past another petrol station and it was £1.34 for petrol and £1.40 for diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leewr416 View Post
Its not all the goverments fault alot of garages now are franchised owned so there winding the prices up also along with the oil companies blaming the trouble in the middle east for high prices. I bet the yanks aint paying any more for fuel
its mostly the governments fault, well over half the price of petrol goes in the governments pockets, the could balance it out but taking a smaller hit themselves but cant see that happening even when everything goes back to normal.
Old 17-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Bronze Member

145.9 at Shell Godstone this afternoon.

No point having a retarded rant at the government though - tis the biggest Cartel in the world that is responsible - OPEC.
Old 18-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Bronze Member

Thumbs up hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
nice one
Old 18-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Bronze Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDownsScooby View Post
145.9 at Shell Godstone this afternoon.

No point having a retarded rant at the government though - tis the biggest Cartel in the world that is responsible - OPEC.
there is apoint to rant about the govement because of the amount of tax they put on which is not in line with the rest of the world i work hard for my money and i just want a fair deal when it comes to tax,you would have to be a RETARD if you think the tax that the govement slap on is fair....
Old 18-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

£1.47.9 @ the Texaco on the A27 between Falmer and Lewis
for 97 ron

Ive no doubt they will be announcing record fooking profits shortly.
Old 18-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx sti 320bhp View Post
there is apoint to rant about the govement because of the amount of tax they put on which is not in line with the rest of the world i work hard for my money and i just want a fair deal when it comes to tax,you would have to be a RETARD if you think the tax that the govement slap on is fair....
Didn't say it was fair mate, but you have to look at the tax situation as a whole, not just as individual items.....otherwise you can't even begin to compare us with other countries! The thing is that most of that 'tax' money from petrol goes right back to you and me to pay for other services that we all use, and the people taking from us it aren't making a profit out of us are they.

Even the petrol station barely make much money on it. They probably make more profit from the sandwich and coke you buy in the shop than then they do from a full tank of Super !!!

The price is mainly increasing due to the oil producers deciding to limit production so that prices go up. Then they stop the cap on production and flood the market, cashing in, then the price goes back down again (oversimplification obviously).

Blame the government if you want - tis the easiest thing to do - but it's got **** all to do with them.
Old 18-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Ive no doubt they will be announcing record fooking profits shortly.
Won't be from petrol sales though.
Old 19-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDownsScooby View Post
. They probably make more profit from the sandwich and coke you buy in the shop than then they do from a full tank of Super !!!.

If thats the case,surely they would be better off NOT selling the fuel and becoming news agents instead!!

"Blame the government if you want - tis the easiest thing to do - but it's got **** all to do with them."

the goverment,on 1 litre of fuel we pay 60% tax ,so they are not doing too bad out of it
Old 19-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Regular User

There is a Bardahl product available which I import and use in all my vehicles. If it was used in every vehicle petrol and diesel consumption in the UK would fall by over 2 billion litres.

Apart from reducing fuel consumption by 5 to 15%, the side effects are more power and torque

You won't be surprised that taxi drivers are using it.

www.Top-Oils.co.uk

Oils solutions for Race, Rally & Trackday vehicles.
Suppliers to World, European and British Teams.
Old 19-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby999 View Post
If thats the case,surely they would be better off NOT selling the fuel and becoming news agents instead!!
Yeah but selling fuel doesn't half drag the punters in !!!!

Quote:
the goverment,on 1 litre of fuel we pay 60% tax ,so they are not doing too bad out of it
Agreed, but:
a) we get it all back
b) they take lower tax elsewhere comparitively
c) they don't exactly make a profit out of it do they.

As a driver, yeah sure I'd like to see less tax being taken on the fuel I put on my motor, but I know I'd end up paying for it elsewhere most likely.
Old 19-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby999 View Post
Oh, and Tescos have just announced 12 month profits of £3.5 BILLION !!
Old 19-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Silver Member

can i just say
£7.00 a pack of fags
£4.00ish a pint of beer
why the **** would the government reduce fuel costs when joe average that gripes about fuel is happy to carry on spending their hard earned on ciggies and booze at those prices????
makes £142.9 look cheap!!!!