South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 23-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Gold Member

Default Tempest Rally, Aldershot - Saturday 8th November

Rally seems to be a bit of a niche interest among Impreza owners these days (and annoyingly this clashes with Modified Live at Brands Hatch) but this rally is on the doorstep for a lot of SES members, so I thought I'd chuck a thread up for it.

The Tempest takes places on stages in and around the Aldershot area. A full guide for spectators can be found by click here:

Tempest Rally 2014 - Spectators Guide

Current entry list can be found here:

Tempest Rally 2014 - Entries

Entry looks really good already. The 4WD class includes four Impreza WRCars, a Group A Impreza and an EscCos as well.

If you are about then I highly recommend it!
Old 23-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member

Carparks A & C look a bit risky for parking?
Old 23-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolesroor View Post
Carparks A & C look a bit risky for parking?
If your car is slammed to the ground then you might want to avoid car park C (Pavilion) as I'm sure I recall that being a field in the past. Car park A (Warren) can be messy - the road to the parking is all solid, but the mud sits on the concrete - but there is plenty of space to park and loads of good places to view from.

If you are worried about it then stick with Rushmoor Arena: watching rallying is far more enjoyable out in the woods though.
Old 23-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
If your car is slammed to the ground then you might want to avoid car park C (Pavilion) as I'm sure I recall that being a field in the past. Car park A (Warren) can be messy - the road to the parking is all solid, but the mud sits on the concrete - but there is plenty of space to park and loads of good places to view from.

If you are worried about it then stick with Rushmoor Arena: watching rallying is far more enjoyable out in the woods though.
Cool I was more concerned about the disclaimer
Old 23-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolesroor View Post
Cool I was more concerned about the disclaimer
OH. Ah, right, I knew that...

Well, touch wood, I've never known anyone to come back and find their car broken into, but if you intend to take your diamond rings with you in the car then make sure you leave them out of sight.
Old 23-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Warren is normally good but muddy parking. On good forestry roads but they do tend to be a bit slimey. Very clay/sand based IIRC.

Rusmoor isn't worth visiting. A bit of a mickey mouse stage.

Pavilion is good, the run down the hill at the end and also the run across the top of the heath used to be quite good.
Not sure if this has been re-configured though, as it was a while ago I was last there and the map looks to be reversed.

Do they not use Yately anymore ?

I'm sure there are also stages not publicised but you can get too. Ash used to be one of them.
Old 23-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Warren is probably the best one to watch from imo. Pavillion has some good bits too but Warren is a longer stage and there's some cracking stuff if you don't mind a walk from the parking.

Yateley isn't run anymore as most of the land has been cleared (quarrying?) but I heard there was only a couple of miles of the original stage route left and it wasn't worth the fee to the forestry commission to run it.

Couldn't agree more about Rushmoor Arena, mickey mouse stage and not worth it. The non-spectator stages have always been Ash and Longmoor which have some good viewing on if you know where to go

Would definitely be going this year if it didn't clash with Modified Live
Old 24-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Gold Member

Warren is definitely my fave stage: there are many cool spots to watch from!

I'm sure Rushmoor is great if you have kids or you are unable to walk in the woods... but otherwise I'd avoid it.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Gold Member

Brilliant day out. Got a bit wet in the afternoon, but well worth it to see some WRC Imprezas in full flight.

Also got to see a Land Rover in full flight on Warren...

...crew were OK and hoping to be ready for RallyGB this weekend!